Free Christmas Social Media Posts9 min readReading Time: 6 minutes
Coming up with that perfect Merry Christmas social post is like putting lights on the tree. Sounds great out loud, looks great in your head, then you start to execute and…
The free images are cheesy, the good ones are watermarked. There are different image sizes for each platform. And what the heck is aspect ratio? Well, my friend, your life is about to get a whole lot easier. Because this post is locked and loaded with pre-made social posts for all your holiday marketing needs.
Now if you’re like us, you’ve got a million ideas floating around in your head at once and it can be hard to keep track of them all—especially when they’re all related to Christmas! But worry no more! We’ve got you covered with our handy list of 30+ creative word lists that will help you create some seriously successful posts for your brand this holiday season!
Table of Contents
If this isn’t the easy button for holiday social media posting, then I don’t know what world you’re living in.
These posts are designed to get you to your target audience at exactly the right time of year, with just enough creativity and holiday spirit to get you in front of their eyeballs.
Plus, they’re all ready to go! No more having to spend hours creating content that will sit there on your site and never be seen. Just grab one of these templates and start posting!
- Christmas social media posts/images
- New Year’s social media posts/images
you can also check this:
Christmas is one of the most popular times of year, and it can be tricky to choose the right images and posts to use on your social media channels. That’s why we’ve put together a list of Christmas-themed posts that you can use in December, with ideas for both traditional and contemporary images.
We also included a word list so you don’t have to search for every word ever to create great content for your Christmas social media posts. We’re hoping this helps make your life easier!
Merry Christmas! Wishing you and your loved ones a joyous holiday season. May this special time of year be filled with laughter, love, and warmth. Thank you for being a part of my online community and for making this year so memorable. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a happy New Year!
Here are a few ideas for Merry Christmas social media posts for Facebook and Instagram:
- A festive photo of your Christmas tree, decorations, or family gathering with a caption like “Merry Christmas from our family to yours!”
- A picture of you enjoying a holiday activity, such as ice skating or baking cookies, with a caption like “Making memories and enjoying the season. Merry Christmas!”
- A quote or message about the true meaning of Christmas, such as “Love is what’s in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen” or “Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and kindness, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas.”
- A throwback photo from a previous Christmas with a caption like “Remembering the joy and magic of past Christmases. Wishing you all the best this holiday season.”
- A video of you singing or playing a holiday song on your instrument, with a caption like “Getting into the Christmas spirit with some music. Merry Christmas!”
- A picture of your favorite holiday tradition, such as making gingerbread houses or going caroling, with a caption like “One of our favorite Christmas traditions. Wishing you all the best this holiday season.”
- A picture of a special gift you received or are giving to someone, with a caption like “The best gifts are the ones that come from the heart. Merry Christmas to all the special people in my life.”
- A picture of a Christmas scene, such as a snowy landscape or a bustling city street at night, with a caption like “The magic of Christmas is all around us. Wishing you a joyous holiday season.”
- A picture of you and your loved ones, with a caption like “The best part of Christmas is spending time with the people we love. Merry Christmas to my friends and family!”
- A picture of your favorite holiday food or drink, such as a mug of hot cocoa or a slice of pecan pie, with a caption like “Indulging in some of my favorite Christmas treats. Cheers to a wonderful holiday season!”
- A picture of a Christmas decoration or ornament that holds special meaning to you, with a caption like “This ornament reminds me of a special Christmas memory. Wishing you all the best this holiday season.”
- A picture of a Christmas card or letter you received, with a caption like “I love getting Christmas cards in the mail. Thank you to all the wonderful people who have sent me greetings this year. Merry Christmas!”
- A picture of a Christmas gift you are giving to a charity or organization in need, with a caption like “Giving back is an important part of the Christmas season. Merry Christmas to all those who make a difference in the world.”
- A picture of you participating in a holiday event, such as a Christmas parade or a community service project, with a caption like “Getting into the holiday spirit with some fun and festive activities. Merry Christmas!”
- A picture of a Christmas movie or book you are enjoying, with a caption like “Cozying up with a good Christmas movie or book is one of my favorite things to do this time of year. Wishing you all the best this holiday season.”
- A picture of a Christmas tree or wreath you made yourself, with a caption like “DIY Christmas decorations are my favorite. Wishing you all the best this holiday season.”
- A picture of a Christmas meal or dessert you are preparing, with a caption like “Cooking up some delicious Christmas treats. Wishing you all the best this holiday season.”
- A picture of a special Christmas memory from your childhood, with a caption like “Remembering the joy and wonder of Christmases past. Wishing you all the best this holiday season.”
- A picture of a Christmas gift you are making by hand, such as a knit scarf or a handmade card, with a caption like “Homemade gifts are the best kind. Wishing you all the best this holiday season.”
- A picture of you and your loved ones smiling and happy, with a caption like “The true spirit of Christmas is love and joy. Wishing you all the best this holiday season.”
Remember to use appropriate hashtags on Instagram, such as #MerryChristmas, #Christmas, #HappyHolidays, and #Season’sGreetings. Also, be sure to tag any friends or family members in your posts to share the holiday cheer with them.
Here are a few ideas for Happy New Year social media posts and graphics for Facebook and Instagram:
- A picture of a celebratory New Year’s Eve scene, such as a fireworks display or a toast with champagne, with a caption like “Bringing in the New Year with style! Happy New Year!”
- A picture of a clock or calendar showing the start of the new year, with a caption like “Here’s to new beginnings, new adventures, and new opportunities in the year ahead. Happy New Year!”
- A quote or message about starting the new year on the right foot, such as “Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right” or “New Year’s Day: A fresh start. A new chapter in life waiting to be written. New questions to be asked, embraced, and loved. Answers to be discovered and then lived in this transformative year of delight and self-discovery.”
- A picture of you and your loved ones holding signs or wearing party hats that say “Happy New Year”, with a caption like “Celebrating the new year with the people who mean the most to me. Wishing you all the best in the year ahead.”
- A video of you and your friends or family wishing everyone a happy new year, with a caption like “Sending love and best wishes to all our friends and followers. Happy New Year!”